Haridwar is the holy place in the state of Uttrakhand in India. It is also known as Hardwar. It is the most visited pilgrimage site in India. The river Ganga flows through ghats of the Haridwar. The most famous ghat is Harki Pauri amongst the several ghats. There are billions of people who visits every year from all over the world.
It is regarded as the seventh holiest place in India. According to the ancient belief during the samudra manthan along with the Ujjain, Nasik and Prayag, It is the fourth place where the drop of Amrit (The holy water of immortality) slipped from the pitcher while carried out by the holy bird Garudha.
That is the basic reason of the conducting the famous Kumbh Mela in Haridwar. The Kumbh Mela is organized every 12 years in different location among the Ujjain, Nasik, Prayag and Haridwar. Billions of pilgrims from all over the world come to see the occasion of the Kumbh Mela.
Haridwar is Famous For?
It is majorly famous for the Kumbh Mela and the Kanwad Mela. The Kumbh Mela is organaized every 12 years and sequentially among the famous four cities (Ujjain, Nasik, Prayag and Haridwar). The second occasion is the Kanwad Mela which happens every year during the month of August. In this mela the people from all over the country come to Haridwar to give their devotion to Lord Shiva. Its is a beautiful occasion to see the people wearing in saffron dress and singing the song of Lord Shiva and walking towards the city to stay there for sometime and pay their devotion to their god.
What is there to visit Haridwar
There are few places to visit in Haridwar.
- Harki Pauri : This is the famous ghat among the all ghats of the Haridwar. It is the belief of the people that if they bath on this ghat and take aarti of Gana then they will get rid from all of their sins. This is just a belief, but Bhagwad Geeta Says that What you do, you will get the result of all your deeds in this life only. By the way the cool fact is that the water of the Ganga never gets impure if you keep it for long days and this is reality. The water is very cold here even in the season of hot summer.
- Mansa Devi: This is a temple of Mansa Devi which is situated on the mountain just behind the Harki Pauri. This is also known as the mini Vaishno Devi. The best part of this place is the Udan Khatola which is the crazy ride to Mansa Devi and You can see the beautiful view of the Haridwar from here. The Second part is the walking path to Mansa Devi and you can click the selfies to capture the view of the Haridwar from the height.
- Channdi Devi Mandir : For this place you can take some convinence because it is some what at a distance from the here. This is same as the Mansa Devi mandir the best part is the view of the city and the big river coast flowing through the city.
- The big statue of the Lord Shiva.
- There are various other temples in here. And you can do shopping of holy items.
During the Ganga aarti the whole ghats looks like the several candles lighted up as if the festival of Diwali. This aarti is conducted in the morning and the evening every day.
The Biggest Fact is That Just Be Aware Of The Dhongi Pundits There (The False Priests)
Other Reference : Wiki Pedia – Hardwar